FINDING A HIGH RISK MERCHANT ACCOUNT PROVIDER
Like every other business Merchant account provider also have different departments like Support, Sales, Accounting, Risk, Marketing, Logistics, Admin, WFM, MIS and various others. If a merchant account provider is interested in underwriting a High-Risk Merchant, then they must be interested in onboarding low-risk accounts as well.
Low-Risk merchant attracts less risk in comparison with a High-Risk account. Payment service providers may be interested in onboarding merchants from one industry type that is high-risk industry, but the same provider may not be interested in onboarding merchants from a different high-risk industry. For example, most of the merchant account providers would say yes to the web design company which is a high-risk business, but the same provider may say no for a Tech Support Merchant Account.
THERE ARE COUPLE OF WAYS TO IDENTIFY A HIGH RISK MERCHANT ACCOUNT PROVIDER
- Visit the Card schemes website to get the list of payment processors and then try to communicate with the sales team at these companies. let them know what is your industry type, show them your website and also let them know about your maximum/minimum ticket size. Let them know about the fraud prevention steps would you take and how proactive you are in terms of preventing chargebacks. It will create a positive image of your business in the minds of the processor.
- Visit the websites from your industry. Most of the websites will show the name of the payment processor on the contact page.
GENUINE PAYMENT PROCESSORS WILL TAKE TIME TO SAY YES AND WILL LOOK FOR THE BELOW MENTIONED BEFORE UNDERWRITING A HIGH RISK MERCHANT LIKE YOU –
- You must have a fully functional website.
- The Website must be SSL Protected
- All the policies like Terms, Refund, Privacy, and Cookie should be visible on homepage header menu.
- Customer Support Number and Email should be present on Homepage and Contact Page.
- Products and Services should be mentioned along with pricing and time of Delivery/Subscription Time.
- Genuine content on the website.
- Non-Manipulated KYC Documents.
I hope if you check the card scheme website then you will find the list which will help you to get the right PSP for your business. In case if you want us to find it for you we will be extremely honored to work with you.